Regeneron Pharmaceuticals, Inc., its subsidiaries and its affiliates, Regeneron Ireland Unlimited Company, Regeneron UK Limited, Regeneron GmbH, Regeneron Belgium BV, Regeneron France SAS, Regeneron Italy S.r.l, Regeneron Japan KK, Regeneron Spain, S.L.U. Regeneron Switzerland GmbH, Regeneron Canada Company, Regeneron NL B.V., Regeneron Healthcare Solutions and Regeneron India Private Limited (together, "Regeneron," "we," "us" or "our") is committed to respecting your privacy. Regeneron is a data controller for the purposes of European data protection laws. Regeneron’s contact details can be found below and its Data Protection Officer can be reached at [email protected].
This Privacy Notice ("Notice") will tell you how Regeneron uses personal data we collect about you. Please note that our collection and use of information in connection with clinical trials is as described in the informed consent forms provided to clinical trial participants and is not covered by this Notice.
- Read our Job Candidate Privacy Notice
- Read our HCP Privacy Notice
- Read our Supplier Privacy Notice
- To learn how to opt out of the collection of your information and more about your privacy rights, read VII. What Are Your Rights and Choices?
- To learn more about the personal data collected as part of an adverse event, please see here.
I. What Information Do We Collect?
II. Information That You Provide to Us
- Report an adverse event/product claim or another medical inquiry. Healthcare professionals, patients, caregivers or other individuals may request specific product information, report an adverse event or report a product complaint for a Regeneron product to our Medical Information Department. If you are reporting a product experience involving one of our products, we may follow up to ask you for specific facts, including patient initials, age, gender and prescribing physician. If you are self-reporting we may ask for additional contact information. Federal regulations require us to collect identifiable information in order to file reports with regulatory agencies such as the U.S. Food and Drug Administration regarding the safety of our products. For more information regarding personal data collected as part of an adverse event, please see here.
- Patient Support Programs. If you are a participant in a Regeneron patient support program, we may collect and process additional categories of personal data about you, which we received directly from you, your healthcare provider (HCP), payor, and related third parties. With your written consent provided in the related patient support program enrollment form, we use and disclose your personal data to administer and manage the patient support program, facilitating benefit verification, to conduct HCP follow-up, safety monitoring, and to comply with applicable laws and regulations. We will also de-identify your personal data so that it does not directly identify you for the following purposes: analytics, research and publication, develop and improve Regeneron's programs and related services, products and medicines.
- If you are a medical professional and disclose personal data about a patient through the Regeneron Sites, you and you alone bear the sole obligation and responsibility of obtaining any patient consents and/or authorization for such disclosure that may be required under federal, state or other applicable data protection law.
- Investor Relations. We collect your name and contact details when you request to receive information from us on our investor relations page.
- Career Submissions. We collect your CV/resume and other personal data when you apply for employment opportunities on the Regeneron Sites.
- Contact Information. We also collect your name, email, mailing address, and telephone number submitted on the Contact Us page on the Regeneron Sites. If you communicate with or request information from us by email or on the Regeneron Sites, we will have your email address as well as whatever information you choose to include in your correspondence.
III. Information We Collect About Your Use of the Regeneron Sites
- When you visit the Regeneron Sites, we collect information about your use of the Regeneron Sites. For example, we collect your IP address, pages visited, time spent on the site, browser and device type, language and date of your visit.
- We also collect information through tracking technologies such as cookies and web beacons to help us understand how you use Regeneron’s site and enable us to personalize your experience. These technologies help remember your preferences and allow us to bring you the content and features that are likely to be of greatest interest to you.
- We may collect content or contributions you post in a public space on the Regeneron Sites or other publicly available resources like social media campaigns. This includes comments, videos and photos that you might submit. If you contact us through a social media site, we may collect your social media identifier.
- We collect geographical data included in communication and content that you have submitted and from emails you receive from us that may also track which emails are opened and which links are clicked by recipients.
IV. How Do We Use Your Information and on What Legal Bases?
We use your personal data to contact you when you give us your consent to do so.
In addition, as permitted under applicable data protection laws, we, and our service providers, collect, use, disclose and process your personal data to comply with legal or regulatory obligations of Regeneron, or for the legitimate interest of Regeneron’s business. We process your personal data where we have legitimate interests or a legal obligation for the following purposes:
- To operate, manage, and maintain our business
- To conduct research, analytics, and data analysis
- To submit investigational and marketed product reports as required by law
- To process your application for employment, including requesting any additional information, responding to your questions and informing you of other employment positions that may be of interest to you (through our personnel or third-party recruiters contracted on our behalf)
- To monitor, improve and administer the Regeneron Sites and the services provided on the Regeneron Sites
- To conduct risk and security controls and monitoring
- To inform you of significant changes to this Notice
- To provide Regeneron.com, Regeneron.ie, our co-branded websites and mobile apps, and any other websites that link to this policy to you (together, the "Regeneron Sites")
- To personalize, advertise, and market our products, as well as the co-branded products we offer with our partners
- To validate your identity
- To maintain records
- To comply with our legal requirements and internal policies
- To exercise and defend legal claims
- To detect, prevent and respond to fraud, intellectual property infringement, violations of our Terms and Conditions, violations of law or other misuse of the Regeneron Sites
- To perform accounting, audit, and other internal functions, such as internal investigations
- To feature and verify your story
- To process your registration and provide services in our patient support programs
V. Who Do We Share Your Information With?
We share your personal data with:
- Our partners, which we partner with to offer certain products and services.
- We share your personal data as needed for our partners to comply with their legal obligations with respect to those products and to understand how to effectively market and improve those products. Our partners are bound by a duty of confidentiality to Regeneron
- Our collaborators and partners that provide services that support clinical trials and patient support programs
- Our service providers, which are contractually obligated to provide services to us in a manner consistent with this Notice. Our service providers include:
- vendors and suppliers that provide us with technology, services and/or content related to better operation and maintenance of the Regeneron Sites
- our attorneys and auditors
- vendors that provide analytics and research services
- As part of a merger, acquisition or other sale or transfer of Regeneron and/or any of its affiliates to another party
Please note that we may need to disclose your personal data if we are required to do so by law, to exercise and protect the legal rights of Regeneron or its personnel and representatives, and to investigate, prevent or respond to suspected illicit activities, including fraud and threats of harm to individuals.
VI. Third-Party Advertising and Targeted Advertising
You may be provided with online advertisements of our products and services on third-party websites and mobile services that are tailored to you, for example, on the basis of information that you provide to us or a third-party website you are visiting, or of your browsing activity, purchases or interests. These types of tailored online advertisements may come through several sources, such as the following:
- We may share with our advertising service providers your non-identifying information that we have obtained from cookies and other tracking technologies on the Regeneron Sites.
VII. Social Media
Regeneron is not responsible for the information collection, use, disclosure or security policies or practices of other organizations such as Facebook, Apple, Google, Microsoft, RIM or any other social media platform provider, operating system provider, wireless service provider or device manufacturer, including with respect to any personal data you disclose to other organizations through or in connection with our Social Media Pages.
Regeneron may provide the option for individuals to participate in polling activities. Additionally, Regeneron may monitor social media channels for mentions of our brand, competitors, and products, which gives Regeneron an opportunity to track, analyze and respond to conversations about us on social media.
VIII. How Long Do We Retain Your Information?
We retain your personal data for the period necessary to fulfill the legitimate business purposes or uses outlined in this Notice, unless a longer retention period is required or allowed by applicable data protection law or to otherwise fulfill a legal obligation. We generally do not retain the information collected on the Regeneron Sites for longer than five years unless we have a need to retain it.
IX. Cookie Overview
What are cookies?
Cookies are small text files that are stored on the browser of your computer. They store certain information (e.g., site settings) which your browser may (depending on the lifespan of the cookie) retransmit to us upon your next visit to our Website.
Most browsers automatically accept cookies by default, but you can adjust the preferences in the browser of your computer or device to warn you each time a cookie is being sent, or to block some or all cookies. While you may still use the Regeneron Sites if you reject cookies, your ability to use some areas of the Regeneron Sites may be limited.
A cookie can temporarily store anonymous information about the use and users of a website. Some cookies are necessary, others allow customization and optimization of the content displayed, the collection of user preferences or the monitoring of the audience, website errors and the securing of access.
For more information regarding the cookies utilized on this website, please visit the Privacy Preference Center linked in the footer below.
Regeneron Sites use Google Analytics, a web analysis service of Google Inc. 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043, United States (“Google”).
Google will analyze your use of our Website on our behalf. The information collected by Google in connection with your use of our Website (including your IP address) will be transmitted to a server of Google in the US, where it will be stored and analyzed. The respective results will then be made available to us in anonymized form. Your usage data will not be connected to your full IP address during this process. We have activated on our Website the IP anonymizing function offered by Google, which will delete the last 8 bits (type IPv4) or the last 80 bits (type IPv6) of your IP address.
Google will use this information for the purpose of evaluating your use of the website, compiling reports on website activity for website operators and providing other services relating to website activity and internet usage.
You can opt out of the use of web analysis at any time, either by downloading and installing the Google Browser Plugin or through the Privacy Preference Center link in the footer.
X. What Are Your Rights and Choices?
Your right to make informed decisions about information collection is important to Regeneron. Please note that you may have the right to:
- obtain confirmation that Regeneron has collected your personal data and information about how we use your personal data and/or obtain a copy of your personal data
- verify the accuracy of your personal data
- request that we correct, update, amend, delete or transform your personal data into anonymous form
- request that we stop or restrict our use of your personal data (including opting out of receiving emails or calls from us)
- request the portability of your personal data in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and to transfer this personal data to another data controller or, if technically feasible, to have it transferred by us if the legal requirements are met
- withdraw your consent where you may have provided your consent to the collection, processing and transfer of your personal data for a specific purpose at any time
- object to the processing of your personal data which is necessary for the purpose of our legitimate interests, on grounds relating to your particular situation. If your personal data are processed by us for direct marketing purposes, you have the right to object to this processing at any time, without any special reason.
To exercise any of these privacy rights, please contact us at [email protected] or at the numbers listed in the contact us section below. Please know that in order for us to respond to your request we may require that you verify your identity.
If you need further assistance regarding your rights, please contact our Data Protection Officer at [email protected], and we will consider your request in accordance with applicable laws. You have the right to lodge a complaint with your local data protection authority or with the Irish Data Protection Commission, our lead supervisory authority in Ireland. To lodge a complaint, visit the Irish Data Protection Commission website.
XI. Your Additional Local Privacy Rights
Individuals who reside in states with U.S. Privacy Laws have the following rights regarding our collection and use of their personal data, subject to certain exceptions.
Regeneron has collected the following categories of personal data from consumers within the last twelve (12) months:
- Contact Information (i.e., name, email and postal address)
- Online Identifiers (i.e., IP address, cookie IDs)
- Insurance Information (i.e., policy number and social security number)
- Demographic Information (i.e., age, race, gender)
- Internet Activity Information
- Audio Information (i.e., voicemail and other call recordings)
- Professional or employment related information
- Sensitive Personal Data (i.e., we may collect name and contact information, your initials, age, race, gender, insurance information and prescribing physician in the context of a medical inquiry)
Regeneron has collected personal data from the following categories of sources:
- Directly from you
- Third parties, including your healthcare provider (HCP), payor, and related third parties.
For more information regarding the specific business purpose for which your data was collected please see Section IV of this notice - How Do We Use Your Information and on What Legal Bases?
We, and our service providers, collect and process the sensitive personal data described in this policy only for:
- Performing the services or providing the goods reasonably expected by an average consumer who requests those goods or services (including offering benefits to employees and their beneficiaries)
- Ensuring security and integrity to the extent the use of your personal data is reasonably necessary and proportionate for these purposes
- Short-term, transient use, including, but not limited to, non-personalized advertising shown as part of your current interaction with us; provided that we will not disclose your personal data to a third party and/or build a profile about you or otherwise alter your experience outside the current interaction with the business
- Performing services on our behalf, including maintaining or servicing accounts, providing customer service, processing or fulfilling orders and transactions, verifying customer information, processing payments, providing financing, providing analytic services, providing storage or providing similar services on our behalf
- Undertaking activities to verify or maintain the quality or safety of a service or device that is owned, manufactured, manufactured for or controlled by us, and to improve, upgrade or enhance the service or device that is owned, manufactured, manufactured for or controlled by us
You may have certain additional rights related to information that we collect about you. We have detailed those rights for you below:
- Right to Know: You have the right to request that we provide you with the following:
- The categories of personal data we have collected about you
- The categories of sources from which we have collected personal data about you
- The business or commercial purpose for collecting, Selling, or Sharing your personal data
- The categories of third parties with whom we share personal data
- The specific pieces of personal data we have collected about you
- The categories of personal data that we have disclosed about you for a business purpose
- Right to Opt Out of Profiling and Targeted Advertising: You have the right to opt out of the Processing of your Personal Information for Targeted Advertising. You also have the right to opt-out of the Processing of your Personal Information for purposes of Profiling in furtherance of decisions that produce legal or similarly significant effects.
- Right to Opt Out of the Sale and Sharing of Your Personal Data: Certain U.S. laws, including the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA), California Privacy Rights Act (CPRA) and the Virginia Consumer Data Protection Act (VCDPA), broadly define what constitutes a “sale” – including in the definition making available a wide variety of information in exchange for “valuable consideration.” The only “sale” of your personal data made by Regeneron is your online identifiers and internet activity information to our advertising cookie partners. If you would like to opt out, you may do so as outlined in our Privacy Preference Center, linked in the site footer.
- Opt Out Preference Signal. We do not use or disclose Sensitive Personal Information, as defined by California law, for purposes other than those authorized by the CCPA and its implementing regulations. Accordingly, we do not process opt-out preference signals of California Consumers. If we process opt-out preference signals of California Consumers in the future, we will update this Notice to provide details about how we do so.
- Right Not to Be Subject to Discrimination: You have the right to be free from discrimination or retaliation for exercising any of your data subject rights, including the rights listed above.
- Right to Appeal: To appeal our decision on your data subject request, you may contact our Privacy Office at [email protected]. Please enclose a copy of or otherwise specifically reference our decision on your data subject request, so that we may adequately address your appeal. We will respond to your appeal in accordance with applicable law.
- Right to Receive Information About Onward Disclosures: You may request that we disclose to you:
- The categories of personal data that we have collected about you;
- The categories of personal data that we have Sold or Shared about you, as defined under applicable law, and the categories of third parties to whom the personal data was Sold or Shared; and
- The categories of personal data we have disclosed about you for a business purpose and the categories of persons to whom it was disclosed for a business purpose.
- The categories of personal data that we have collected about you;
- Right to Receive Information about Disclosures. You may require that we disclose to you a list of the categories of third parties to whom your personal data was disclosed.
Please note that Regeneron may not be required to fulfill your requests in certain circumstances. These include instances where we must retain or restrict access to personal data in order to preserve scientific integrity, as your personal data must be managed in specific ways in order for the information to be reliable and accurate and to meet regulatory obligations of Regeneron and its affiliates.
Additionally, Regeneron is not required to provide information in response to a request to know for a particular consumer more than twice in any given 12-month period.
When you submit a request to exercise your right of access, your right to deletion or your right to know, we are required to verify that you are who you say you are. We may request that you provide additional personal data for the verification process.
To exercise the rights described above, to file a concern or complaint, or to opt out of particular programs, please contact our Privacy Office by emailing [email protected] or by calling 844-835-4137.
In some states you may also authorize an agent to make data subject requests on your behalf. In such instances, authorized agents may use the same methods as an individual to submit data rights requests on your behalf.
XII. International Transfer of Information
We collect and receive data from inside and outside of the United States.
We will use European Commission-approved Standard Contractual Clauses as a legal mechanism for data transfers from the EU and, where required, implement additional safeguards. These clauses are contractual commitments between companies transferring personal data, binding them to protect the privacy and security of the data. We use Standard Contractual Clauses so that the data flows necessary for business take place legally. If you would like to obtain a copy, please contact us at the contact details outlined below.
XIII. How Do We Protect Your Personal Data?
Regeneron uses technical and organizational security measures to guard against unauthorized access to your personal data or against the unauthorized alteration, disclosure, destruction and/or loss of such data. In deciding what level of security is appropriate, Regeneron will take into account the nature of the personal data in question, and the harm that might result from its unauthorized use, disclosure or loss.
Although we take reasonable precautions to protect the information we collect on the Regeneron Sites, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure.
XIV. Other Disclosures
- California Residents Under Age 18. If you are a resident of California under the age of 18 and a registered user of our website, you may ask us to remove content or data that you have posted to the website by writing to [email protected]. Please note that your request does not ensure complete or comprehensive removal of the content or data as, for example, some of your content or data may have been reposted by another user.
- Disclosure About Direct Marketing for California Residents. California Civil Code § 1798.83 permits California residents to annually request certain information regarding our disclosure of Personal Information to other entities for their direct marketing purposes in the preceding calendar year. To make such a request, please send an email to [email protected] with the subject “Shine the Light Request.”
- Financial Incentives for California Consumers. We do not provide financial incentives to California Consumers who allow us to collect, retain, Sell, or Share their Personal Information. We will describe such programs to you if and when we offer them to you.
- Privacy Notice for Nevada Residents. To the extent we collect Covered Information as defined by Nevada law, the categories of Covered Information we collect are listed in Section II. We do not Sell Covered Information as defined under Nevada law, and we generally do not disclose or share Personal Information as defined under Nevada law for commercial purposes. Under Nevada law, you have the right to direct us to not sell your Covered Information to third parties. To exercise this right, if applicable, you or your authorized representative may contact our Privacy Office at [email protected].
- Children. The Regeneron Sites are not directed to children under the age of thirteen (13), and we request that these individuals not provide personal data through the Regeneron Sites. The Regeneron Sites, their content and their services are intended for individuals over the age of 13. The Regeneron Sites are not directed to, nor do we knowingly collect information from, children under the age of 13. If we actually know that a user under the age of 13 has volunteered personal data on the Regeneron Sites, or that a medical professional has volunteered information about a patient who is identified as younger than 13, we will delete such information from our records. If you become aware that your child or any child under your care has provided us with personal data, please contact us at the contact information listed below.
XV. Updates and Contacting Us
We may amend this Notice at any time. Any changes to this Notice will be posted on the Regeneron Sites. Should these amendments materially relate to any consents you may have given, Regeneron will contact you in order to obtain your consent to any change in the use of your personal data.
If you have any questions or concerns about this Notice or our use of your personal data, please contact us at:
Regeneron Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
Chief Privacy Officer
1 Rockwood Rd
Sleepy Hollow, NY 10591-1053
Updated October 2023