Making new medicines for people with serious diseases
Regeneron is a leading biotechnology company that seeks to invent, develop and commercialize life-transforming medicines for people with serious diseases. Founded and led for 35 years by physician-scientists, our unique ability to repeatedly and consistently translate science into medicine has led to nine FDA- or EMA-approved treatments and numerous product candidates in development and under investigation, almost all of which were homegrown in our laboratories.
Our medicines and pipeline are designed to help patients with eye diseases, allergic and inflammatory diseases, cancer, cardiovascular and metabolic diseases, pain, hematologic conditions, infectious diseases and rare diseases.
Watch what drives us
Regeneron by the numbers
years of scientific leadership
employees worldwide across 12 countries
FDA- or EMA-approved medicines
product candidates in clinical development across multiple therapeutic areas
countries with Regeneron clinical trials
global and U.S. patient advocacy and professional societies engaged across more than 35 diseases
of biotech companies rated for ESG performance by S&P Global and Sustainalytics
Technology for now and the future
Regeneron is accelerating and improving the traditional drug development process through our proprietary VelociSuite® technologies, such as VelocImmune®, which uses unique genetically humanized mice to produce optimized fully human antibodies, as well as bispecific and costimulatory antibodies. Our novel and patented “Trap” fusion protein technology creates high-affinity product candidates for many different types of signaling molecules.
Through ambitious research initiatives such as the Regeneron Genetics Center®, we are conducting one of the largest genetics sequencing efforts in the world to better understand the causes of disease. Beyond our industry leadership in biologic medicines, we are expanding our toolkit to address hard-to-treat diseases by investigating new technologies, including genetic medicine approaches such as CRISPR gene editing, gene silencing and gene therapy.
Doing well by doing good
Through responsible business practices and with the highest standards of integrity, we rise to any challenge with our characteristic drive and science-led approach. Our 2025 responsibility goals support the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) and span our three strategic focus areas:
Improving the lives of people
with serious diseases
Fostering a culture of
integrity and excellence
We are proud of the recognitions we received in 2023 and 2022 for our corporate responsibility leadership and efforts.
- S&P ESG: Top 1% in the Biotechnology industry on Dow Jones Sustainability Index. Member: DJSI World and North America (as of Dec. 9, 2022)
- MSCI A (ESG Rating, as of Oct. 2022)
- FTSE4Good: 3.9 score, Member of Index Series
- ISS-ESG: B-, Prime Status (ESG Corporate Rating)
- Seven consecutive years on Civic 50 list of the most community-minded companies in the U.S.
- Best Community Partnership with Society for Science by Scrip for Regeneron Science Talent Search
- Newsweek: America’s Most Responsible Companies, 2023
- Biospace: Best Place to Work, 2023
- Glassdoor: Best Places to Work, 2023
- Newsweek: America’s Greatest Workplaces for Diversity, 2023
- Science: Top Employer, 2022