Introducing Regeneron's New Postdoctoral Training Program
Regeneron Pharmaceuticals announces the launch of its new Post-Doctoral Training Program starting in 2013
The program will consist of:
- Three years of formal post-doctoral training in a program directed by an award-winning educator
- Exposure to the biotechnology industry's most successful and innovative scientists
- Opportunities to pursue cutting-edge biomedical research in a prestigious, well-resourced, and highly-driven industry environment
- Weekly post-doctoral scientist meetings to foster scientific rigor, creative thinking, critical reasoning, and career advancement
As part of your Post-Doctoral Training Program:
- Conduct forward-looking, innovative, and creative research to address a novel scientific question under the auspices of a scientist mentor
- Publish and disseminate data via external conferences and peer-reviewed publications
- Assist with mentoring and teaching interns and other more junior trainees
- Participate in post-doctoral program activities such as weekly meetings and the annual research conference
- Present data internally, including at lab meetings, trainee meetings, and company-wide seminars
- Provide ongoing reports of research progress to supervisor and program staff
Experience and Required Skills:
- Doctoral degree in a relevant discipline
- Scientists looking for their first or second post-doctoral training
- Superior scientific skills including critical and analytical thinking
- Demonstrated publication success as evidenced by peer-reviewed publications
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Excellent computer and database skills
- Ability to interact dynamically and constructively with scientific peers
- Note: Occasional travel
- Applications will re-open Fall 2013 for a 2014 start date.
- A fully integrated biopharmaceutical environment with diverse career offerings
- A top 10 biotechnology company
- A leader in life sciences technology
- Science Magazine’s #1 Employer Globally in Biotechology and Pharmaceutical Companies
If you have any questions, please email Postdoctoral@regeneron.com
"Here you have the possibility to interact with dozens of scientists."
Neil Stahl, Ph.D.
Senior Vice President, Research and Development Sciences
"The experience we are giving – the core – is very academic. We will be introducing the post docs to the non-academic side too."
Stan Wiegand, Ph.D.
Vice Preseident, Ophthalmology and Cardiovascular Research
"We really have a think-tank and brainstorming-type approach."
George Yancopoulos, M.D., Ph.D.
Executive Vice President, Chief Scientific Officer, and President, Regeneron Laboratories